Written by VC Mayor
Online Media Kit
Welcome to the HobNob Local network of community portal systems. If you are seeking the perfect format to reach the consumers, businesses, and community members of a particular community, READ ON!
Do you have a beautiful web site that you paid a fortune for and still nobody can find it? READ ON!
HobNob Local draws on years of experience effectively marketing and interactively communicating with the locals on every level. If you have a service or product to offer, searching for a new home, new job, need professional services or products, have an event or non-profit organization to get exposure for or about, or just want to know what is going on in a particular city, HobNob Local is the answer!
According to Jupiter Research, the American consumer now spends equal time each week on the internet and watching TV. The average person in the US will spend an estimated 31.6 hours online each month. (US Census/Neilsen Net Ratings) The traditional forms of advertising are quickly becoming outdated as our society continues to become "paperless". Newspapers, magazines, and directories are all available online; many newspapers have ceased printing Stock Market stats since consumers can find real-time updates on the internet easier and quicker.
As people have increased the time spent online, more advertising is being bought at a rapidly growing rate. Online advertising offers the greatest exposure at the lowest cost than any other form of advertising. Businesses can target an audience more effectively than ever before. And, the internet never closes. Your advertising is working for you 24/7, 365 days a year. The internet is always convenient and always open, advertising for and about your business.
HobNobLocal can offer advertisers assistance...
- 24/7 Web Presence and Advertising
- Increasing Brand Awareness on a local, regional or national scale
- Search Engine Optimization - drive traffic to your web site
- Target Market advertising
- Interactivity with the community and your potential clients
- Calendars, Message Boards, Photo Galleries, Blogs and much more!
- Reach new untapped markets
- Assistance with online selling, marketing and affiliate programs
Marketing Opportunities and Options
Hobnob (hob nob) verb - to associate on very friendly terms noun - a friendly, informal chat (dictionary.com)
The purest definition of our name defines our business principle...
HobNobLocal is an effective media for reaching your target audience in a targeted geographic area. In every community represented online by HobNobLocal, we strive to become the advertising and resource venue of choice. We intentionally market to members of the community and give them reasons to visit the site daily. The interaction and submission of info by the community is what drives HobNobLocal. Our sites are built by and for the people who ARE THE COMMUNITY.
Everyday life happens on our sites, including photos of local events, sports, news, weather, entertainment and other events that shape the life of the community. Schools, government agencies, non-profits organizations, clubs and churches are given free space to provide announcements and calendars to the public. We build our sites from the core of the community.
HobNobLocal will customize your online advertising and marketing campaign to fit your needs. We have several packages available including, but not limited to:
- Banner Ads- local, regional, or national static ads that rotate at the top of each page
- Section Sponsor - static banner in the top center of a Section Home Page. Targeted audience for a general topic (ie. Homes & Garden or Real Estate sections)
- Publishing Pages (content pages)
- Contest Sponsors
- Food Court Sponsor - printable coupons or menus
- Promotions and Coupons
- Local Biz Search - geo-targeted to local zip codes & IP addresses
- Find-It-Quick Links (Non-local business directory)
Whose online and Why Market Online?
US population, age 15 and older that are online: 219,755, 291
Total Adults Online: 71% and growing
- 71% of all women are online
- 70% of all men are online
Age Groups Online:
- Ages 18-29: 87%
- Ages 30-49: 83%
- Ages 50-64: 65%
- Ages 65+ : 32%
The increase of online searches has grown very rapidly. According to the Neilsen Net Ratings:
- January 2005 - 4.1 billion searches
- January 2006 - 5.7 billion searches
- January 2007 - 7.5 billion searches
- January 2010 - estimated to be 13 billion searches
(Neilsen Net Ratings)
30% of all online searches are "local" in nature. A Local search is defined as someone searching the internet for a source, resource or service provided in their community.
HobNobLocal was created in response to that particular need. Our community portals are geo-targeted to specific zip codes and IP addresses. In addition, our advertisers' campaigns are built with techniques specifically tailored to expose their product, business or service to their audience-specific market. We make sure that your business is found!